Your Belongings and Water Damage
Usually, following a water damage, your home is not just affected, so is all or most of your belongings. Books, picture frames, photos, and documents are some things that could possibly suffer some damage. It is a possibility to salvage your belongings if you take immediate action.
Picture Frames and Photos:
- If you have picture frames that have gotten wet it's possible that you can salvage them. First you need to rinse the picture frame and the photo with water and then carefully remove the photo from the frame.
- You need to immediately lay photos on paper towels to dry.
Books and Documents:
- If the documents are dirty, gently rinse them and lay them on paper towels without print only. Keep changing out the paper towels every now and then. Just like photos do not let the documents dry outside they must be dried indoors.
- To help the drying process you can run a fan inside the room that the documents are laid out and that will promote more air circulation so the drying time decreases.
- For damaged books, place paper towels throughout the book to the wet pages and lay the books flat to dry. Change the paper every so often.
Call SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka at (662) 287-7881 if you have any questions about salvaging your belongings. We are always here to help!
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today – (662) 287-7881
SERVPRO of Corinth / Iuka specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Corinth / Iuka can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including the following:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of Corinth / Iuka can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most